These lemon-infused cookies are chewy in the middle and golden crisp around the edges. Sometimes simple is best – there are only a few ingredients in this dough which comes together in seconds. That makes this a very easy cookie recipe!
To be honest it’s actually hard to stop eating this in dough form, with flecks of lemon zest and vanilla beans. But no problem with that as there is no egg inside. You can use either coconut oil or butter in this recipe, making these easy lemon cookies also vegan friendly.
Make up this delicious, lemony sugar cookie dough, roll it up and let it firm in the fridge (or freeze). Then simply bring out when needed for a quick baked treat. The best!
- ⅓ Cup + 1 Tbsp (100g) Butter or Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup (110g) Raw Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 ¼ (155g) Cups Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Add the butter or coconut oil to the sugar and cream together until light and fluffy. Add in the lemon juice, zest and vanilla and combine.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt. Combine just until dough comes together – do not overmix.
- Bring the dough together into a ball, and then roll up in some baking paper. Smooth out to form a cylinder and twist the ends. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 3 days. (see notes for freezing information)
- To bake, preheat oven to 180C. Open the dough and slice into 12 cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden on the edges. Allow to cool and set for 5 minutes on the tray before moving.