Cinco de Mayo is one of the biggest dates of my eating calendar – when I get to pig out on some great Mexican food! Here are some of my yummiest Cinco de Mayo recipes:
- Easy Black Bean Molé Chili – this vegan chilli comes together in 15 minutes and has such great depth of flavour from a touch of peanut butter and chocolate inside.
2. Proper Texas Chili – Ok I understand it’s not truly Mexican, but Tex Mex is the real deal. The beef braises with a whole bottle of beer. Increase the Mexican feel with corn tortillas, avocado and lime.
3. Homemade Tortilla Chips – you’ve got to try these! One of the best things I’ve ever eaten in my life, and so easy.
4. Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas – This dish is a mild family favourite. So quick and easy as you can use a rotisserie chicken. It really is so good.
5. Enchiladas Rojos – Mexican Red Chicken Enchiladas – done the authentic way!
6. Char-grilled Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Soft Tacos – Eat these with the Black Bean Mole for a delicious plant-based dinner.
7. Fried Green Tomato Tacos with Sriracha Ranch Dressing – This is one of my all-time favourite creations. The combination is incredible. The kids even thought they were chicken nuggets – a real win! 😉
8. Mexican Street Corn (Elotes) – This is a different way to eat corn that is lip-smackingly good (warning – a bit messy!) Either eat straight from the cob or cut off.
9. Brisket Chili Pie with Jalepeno Cheddar Cornbread Crust – This recipe is next level amazing! Tender braised brisket topped with golden cornbread studded with spicy and tangy jalepeños.
10. Chicken or Vegetable Burrito Bowls with Creamy Enchilada Sauce – You can’t go wrong with a bowl recipe. Healthy and fresh.
11. Maple Jalepeño Ranch Coleslaw – a delicious side dish with a Mexican twist.